Thursday, July 10, 2014

Berry Jelly


I woke up on 4th of July with full determination and wanted to do something special but still quick for breakfast, so I decided to go with a berry jelly to add to yogurt and show my red, white and blue ;)

After checking out some neat jelly recipes during the week, I decided to adapt my original strawberry recipe and see how it would turn out. Also, I didn't only want to stick to strawberries so blueberries seemed like a great idea to give extra flavor...

I confess that the original idea was to add only a little bit of blueberries but as I was scooping them out of the bag, they rolled all over the counter and so I decided to add everything in the jelly...kind of like "the more the merrier" crossed my mind that moment :)



If you are new to the kitchen, this is actually a very good place to start! I would not say that jelly is the healthiest thing to make since it can go very wrong if too much sugar is added, but in comparison to what you buy, it is a lot better for you since it has no preservatives and you control how much sugar to add...and did I mention it is tastier too!



So here is how you can show your top chef skills and impress your friends and loved ones!


Berry Jelly:

Ingredients:


  • 4 cups of mixed berries (I used strawberries and blueberries)
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 4-5 Tablespoons of sugar (Ideally I would have liked less sugar but this was the first time I experimented with lemon)
  • 1 cinnamon stick (I like this better than powder)


Directions:
Add all ingredients in pan and cook on medium-high heat (frequently stirring) until it reaches the "jelly" consistency.

So there it is! Quick, easy, and delicious!

Bon Appetit!



XOXO
-The Nutrinut-



No comments:

Post a Comment