Monday, June 16, 2014

How passionate are you about what you do?

Ciao Nutrinutters!

Last week I had the opportunity to attend an educational seminar on one of the companies that sells supplements to the one I work for. The experience was eye-opening in more than one way. Not only was I able to learn about different herbs and how nature works in synergy, but I got to see something that is not that easy to find – people that have a true passion for what they do.



The owner of the company was one of the speakers and it was very clear to all of the +150 attendees that this man is in love with what he does even 27 years after creating his business.

This got me thinking about how many people can say the same.

Sure, everyone has their off days where the last thing they want to do is get out of bed when the alarm clock goes off at 6AM…but for the most part, how do you feel about what you do? Does your job put a smile on your face?

I think that what matters most is to find true happiness and passion in one’s life. I confess that I never had a dream job as a kid, other than wanting to be an actress because that way I could be everything I wanted to be depending on the role. Not a very realistic job for me since I am more on the shy side, so that idea quickly changed. But the way I like to see it when it comes to how I became the Nutrinut is that nutrition chose me. Yes, at times I have felt lost and wondered if there was something else out there for me. I also can’t say that I’ve got everything figured out by now because that is far from the truth, but who does anyways, right?

Would I say that I have passion for nutrition?

Heck yeah! When I find myself arguing (not fighting) with others on nutrition topics such as all the different diets (paleo one is still quite popular) and how much protein should one be having, I am reminded that this is my passion! Especially with the simple fact that I get overwhelmed with the amount of things I still want to learn about nutrition, foods, and herbs.

The possibilities are countless! In a way I did get my wish after all. What other profession would allow me to work in the health industry that combines a wide range of different tasks, such as online marketing, scripts for nutrition videos, exploring new recipes (and trying them), and being able to be creative with every silly idea I can possibly come up? All of this combined, while still having the amazing chance to educate people about what I love to do is what makes it even more worth it. I am proud, passionate, and honored to have had this chance—for it comes once in a lifetime.


So what about you, what are you passionate about? 


XOXO
-The Nutrinut-


No comments:

Post a Comment