Saturday, August 9, 2014

Some Goji Berry Love - It's Smoothie time


Usually I don't post smoothie recipes but I made the most delicious one the other day and wanted to share with the nutrinutters!

For starters, what goes into my smoothies depends on what I have at home and whatever seems to inspire me at the moment. The process is actually quite fun, especially if you really just let your instincts take over. I just happened to have goji berries and hemp seeds at home, perfect!

Goji berries are pretty popular nowadays especially since it's packed with antioxidants, but did you know that they also go by another name... wolberry! 



Whether all the health claims can be backed up, they do have a good amount of antioxidants and in Asia they were eaten for generations in hope of living longer - plus they taste quite good! Needless to say a small handful went into my smoothie.

Next in the superfoods list, hemp seeds! These little seeds have a nutty flavor which is quite good and are rich in good fats, protein and vitamin E.


So this is what went into my tropical goji smoothie:



Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 slice of pineapple
  • 1 cup of mixed berries
  • small handful of goji berries
  • 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
  • 1 teaspoon cacao (did I mention I love chocolate?)
  • sprinkle cinnamon 
  • Optional - 1 medjool date (for a little sweetness) 
  • Milk (about 1 1/2 cups)

Directions:

Blend all the ingredients
Top it off with extra goji berries for a different look ;)

Enjoy all the supernutrients!

-XOXO-
The Nutrinut

1 comment: